There is a very funny blog post on 10 things that your single adult son might do to his apartment to convince visitors that he has his life together. One of the suggestions singles out parents, but any of the suggestions would do the trick. But beware, there is some pretty rough language. The favourite word in the post is sh- – not to mention other four letter words.
My friend’s son sent him the post; they are now amusing themselves by figuring out which activities will convince his mom all is well with him. Very funny to all but mom.
I have five suggestions of my own. These apply particularly to the 18 to 25 year-old group.
1. Have some food in the fridge.
2. Make sure I don’t trip over beer bottles on my way up the stairs to see your room.
3. Air the place out. Stale beer and B.O., even if it is someone else’s, is not a good combination.
4. Get your hair cut and keep your beard trimmed.
5. Get your roommates to stand up when I come into the room and shake my hand.
6. Cook me a dinner and I”ll be totally convinced everything is right in your world.
What signs tell you that your child is managing his or her life well? I would love to hear from you so please leave a response in the Reply Box below.