Happy Mother’s Day everyone! I am thankful I have lots to be happy about and here is why:
1. My heart sings each time I see one of my three kids.
2. I have two wonderful sons-in-law, who also make my heart sing.
3. All three kids and kids-in-law live in the same city I do.
4. All five are thoughtful and concerned citizens of Canada and the world.
5. They have a father/ father-in-law who cares about their well-being.
6. I see them regularly, but we don’t sit in each others’ pockets.
7. They still come to me for advice, even if they don’t take it.
8. All of them are the longest blooming flowers I have ever seen. Watching them change and grow is like magic before my very eyes.
9. They keep teaching me about the world.
10. They keep teaching me about myself, especially how much I can love.
Although I am fortunate to have the children I do, I never forget that my situation is a result of a whole lot more than my and my husband’s parenting. Most of it is a result of good luck and my heart is with those who face serious struggles with their children.
If you have any comments on your Mother’s Day please leave them in the Reply Box below..